To Donate to The Purefinder Fund ........
Check for Needs
On September 20, 2009 at the Koh-Koh-Mah & Foster Living History Encampment near Kokomo, Indiana, Parson John Frank Jarboe officially announced to the 18th century living history community the formation of The Purefinder Fund. The fund which is named in honor of the late Colleen Gilbert is being established to help those in the 18th c. reenacting community who find themselves in need of assistance. Colleen Gilbert, known to many as her reenacting personae “Hester Purefinder,” was a gracious, loving and giving person. Colleen (Hester) was a true friend, helping both friends and strangers as she was able. It is in her memory that The Purefinder Fund has been established.
At the present time, The Purefinder Fund operates under Parson John Living History, Inc. a nonprofit 501c3. Parson John Living History, Inc. is an organization dedicated to the study and presentation of the events that shaped the world during the European settlement of the American continent and the founding of the United States of America. Parson John Living History, Inc. is governed by a board of directors and The Purefinder Fund is administered by a committee made up of 18th c. reenactors from a 6 state area and from different reenacting groups; military, native and civilian. In addition some members of the committee are professionals who are donating their knowledge in various areas, legal, financial &c. to the formation and operation of The Purefinder Fund.
As the committee continues working on developing procedures for the receiving and dispersing of funds, the following method will be instituted for helping to meet the emergency financial needs of reenactors:
1. A listing of financial needs will be listed by an identifying number. The listing will be done here on Frontier Folk and on the Purefinder page at parsonjohn.org.
2. Names will not be used, but a brief explanation of the need will be given along with a dollar amount.
3. Donations can be made both online, by mail, or by giving to one of the committee members (to be announced.) Indicating the “Need Number” on the check or in the online comment space will designate the gift to a specific need.
4. Donations are tax deductable.
5. Any donations received beyond what is needed to meet the stated specific need will automatically go into a “General Fund” for emergency use unless specifically designated otherwise.
6. Once a need is met, it will be indicated as closed and later removed from the list.
7. Suggestions of need can be emailed to email@example.com and will be reviewed by the committee before posting.
8. The Purefinder Fund is operating under Parson John Living History, Inc. and is available to all 18th c. reenactors regardless of religious belief or practice.
9. 100% of donations will go to the designated need. Any remainder that is put in the general fund will also go entirely to meet a need. Only donations designated for the admistrative costs of the fund will be used as such.
The Purefinder Fund
c/o Parson John Living History, Inc.
1785 Old Springfield Rd.
Woodburn, KY 42170
For the support of our friends in need.
The Purefinder Fund